Gluten-free diets are those food plans designed with foods that do not contain this protein, some of these foods are most of cereals such as wheat, barley, rye, and other similar foods.
A gluten-free diet is recommended for those who suffer from diseases of the gluten as it is the case of celiac disease. In addition to eating a diet of this type in healthy people positive results will be achieved to improve health, lose weight and maintain the vitality.
gluten free diet benefits
As had been mentioned previously of gluten free food-based diets offer a number of benefits to the health of humans. You then listed some of the benefits of greater relevance in this diet.
- Celiac disease: Celica disease control is perhaps the most objective in this type of diet plan, because gluten affects the proper functioning of the digestive system preventing the absorption of nutrients from the small intestine.
- Gluten ataxia : Avoid gluten consumption controlling ataxia gluten which is a condition that damages the nervous tissues and in turn cause muscle problems such as the stretched muscle movement.
- Wheat allergy: In people allergic to foods as wheat is essential to avoid any product containing gluten, so the immune system confuses gluten or other enzymes of wheat with bacteria or viruses that affect the body.
Details of gluten-free diet
Here are foods that do not may be consumed during a gluten-free diet, in the same way also relate some of the foods that do not contain gluten by what can be eaten.
In general are many breaths that don’t contain the gluten protein therefore can be eaten in any gluten-free diet.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Beans, seeds and dried fruit in its natural, unprocessed form
- Lean meats, fish and poultry without processing
- The majority of dairy products with lower fat content
Cereals, starches and flours that can be included in a gluten-free diet are as follows:
- Corn and corn flour
- Flours (rice, beans, soy, corn, potato) gluten-free
- Semolina (corn)
- Tapioca (cassava)
Foods that have gluten
These foods should be avoided strictly in a gluten-free meal plan:
- Triticale (a cross of wheat and rye)
- Oats (in some cases)
Derived from wheat to avoid
- Harina de trigo duro
Alimentos procesados que se deben evitar
- Cerveza, cervezas ale, porter, stout (generalmente de cebada)
- Pasteles y tartas
- Hostias de comunión
- Galletas dulces y galletas
- Cuscurros (tostones o croutones)
- Patatas fritas
- Imitación de carnes o mariscos
- Malta, saborizante de malta y otros productos de malta (cebada)
- Harina de matzá
- Perros calientes y carnes enlatadas
- Aderezos para ensaladas
- Salsas, incluso la salsa de soja
- Mezclas de arroz sazonado
- Alimentos de tentempié sazonados, como nachos o papitas
- Aves adobadas con aceites o grasas
- Sopas, caldos o mezclas para sopas
- Vegetales con salsa